Another holiday weekend is around the corner. What does this mean for most small business owners? Work. Yup, we work. My husband will be traveling so it's me and the two little ones who'll, no doubt, be pulling out of those apron strings I don't wear. As I started searching for "things to do labor day weekend in xyz city" it got me thinking, and writing...
GET ONLINE TO DRIVE OFFLINE TRAFFIC TO YOUR LOCAL BUSINESS THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND
- Consider how you can attract families or make your brand/product/business appeal to parents with kids in tow - childcare or entertainment for kids, kids eat free, kids swag bags, or even just balloons...they're amazingly entertaining 🎈
- Update your directory listings with your holiday hours (at least cover the basics by updating your Google My Business, Yelp, and Facebook pages) 💻
- Use these same listings and outlets to announce special offers if this is an off-peak time for sales - discounts, free samples or consultations, complimentary introduction classes, bring a friend and each gets a reward, etc. 🎁
- Make an event of it - even if it's just a step more than your average business day, creating an 'event' makes it feel like something special for people. It's a holiday weekend, they don't want to do what they do every other weekend 📆
- Create the 'event' on Facebook, making it more visible and easily sharable for people to invite others - update it regularly as the holiday approaches, staying relevant with your content 📬
- Consider a paid ad on Facebook and Instagram to get more awareness for your event/business, especially if you've developed special offers or events for the holiday
- Cross promote your event on all your digital outlets - blog, social, mobile notifications, email, etc. 📤
- And, of course, don't forget to capitalize on in-the-moment content opportunities through Facebook live, tweets with event hashtag, and Instagram Stories, snaps, etc. People want to go where people want to go - show them what they're missing and watch your crowds grow in real-time!
Now, back to figuring out what events I'll be headed to myself+2 next weekend...